Monday, October 3, 2011

my brother

My brother phoned me from the East coast tonight. He had 3.5 hours of surgery today. The people who will do his skin graffs watched the doctors work on his broken arm bones to get a better idea of what needs to be done in the coming days. Jeffery has a morphine drip and is hitting it often. He seemed tired, bored,  and slightly grumpy. He did say that hes happy to be alive, and was sure he was a dead man during and directly after the fall.

Jeffery is the biological child of my dad and his second wife. Born just a few weeks before my 16th birthday he has always been the apple of my eye. Sort of like a mix between a nephew and a brother. I dont know what I would have done if he would have been hurt even worse. It will be good to have him home for the holidays and to meet Titus. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your brother is going to be ok. What a traumatic event. He's got a long road ahead, but luckily he's alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he's going to be okay as well. And I'm pleased that he will be home before too long - although I'm sure that it will feel like forever for him!

    ReplyDelete