Tuesday, May 3, 2011

12 week OB appointment

It went fine. Well.. she couldn't find the heart beat on the Doppler and I started hyperventilating so the doc ran and got her crappy portable ultrasound machine.. and yet again (Ive lost track of how many times I have been scanned) the baby was exactly has he should be. This time awake and so wiggly! He was really going for it today and she couldn't get a good image. I was unable to talk her into another ultrasound in the radiology dept. She said that even if we look at the SCH, it wont make any difference. The anatomy scan will check out the placenta but that isn't for at least 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed that the drama IS over for the time being. I feel like celebrating!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything looks great! What wonderful news! I'm sorry you had a scare with the doppler, I'm so glad the tech got an ultrasound machine right away.

    I have to admit, when I was reading the story about the heavily bleeding I thought for sure it was over. I'm so glad that everything looks okay now.

    Keeping you in my thoughts and in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you.. the thing about subchorionic hematomas is that the great majority of the time.. the outcome is fine. I think of all the women who bleed in the first triemster 20% of the time its an SCH, and actually oddly enough, the best case scenerio for something like that. I just happen to be rather unlucky. these happen in about 2% of pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so happy! You made it through the first tri, girl! Gosh, can you believe it?! Celebrate, hun, you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that everything looks okay... so pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you too. I haven't had any puking just random waves of nausea and extreme fatigue. I am so happy everything turned ok after all the dramas. I'm praying we will both be wearing maternity clothes in the next few weeks. Or at least contemplating buying them :)

    ReplyDelete