Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brian did it

He went ahead and told our certifier that we need an end date of October 1st. In theory this could be enough time to do a transition to Dad's place. They have the room, they have the money. The girls need to be with their family.. my step mom said now we just pray that he can keep his shit together.

The certifier said that she was frankly surprised that we made it this far with my bleeding and vomiting and all the appointments. She does not seem irritated and I doubt this will affect future placements. We will be flexible if they need an extra couple of weeks into October. The reunification process has started, but they may have to speed it up a little. I'm already transporting to extra visits, and have been given permission to supervise more visits if need be. Dad has a long term girlfriend who has a 6 year old daughter. She works full time but he has a disability and stays home, so they would have a SAHD for the four of them.

The 4 year old had her last day of preschool yesterday. I cried, as did most of the other mothers. I cry pretty easily these days. We have some play dates lined up this summer.

Six days until my anatomy scan. I feel what I'm pretty sure is occasional fetal movement, but of course wish it was more frequent to reassure. I still cant wrap my mind around a living baby at the end. The second trimester did not bring much relief on that front. Maybe a good anatomy scan will do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet you feel so much better now that there is a plan and an end in sight! I'm so glad! And the fact that they can be reunified right away instead of moving to another foster home is amazing! Phew!

    I know the anxiety is hard. Once s/he starts moving more, I bet it'll get better. And I REALLY began believing the pregnancy and the possible positive outcome after our anatomy scan. Finding out she was a girl made it more real, made it more necessary for me to commit my love to her and my belief IN her. I hope you have the same experience. I CAN'T WAIT to hear what you are having:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you've sorted out a plan, and I'm glad that they can go to their Dad's.

    I continue to hope and pray that your pregnancy goes well, and that when you have scan, you will really start to believe.

    ReplyDelete